It was about 4’O clock in the Sunday evening. I was in a deep sleep and suddenly I heard disturbing door knocking sound. I woke up and sat on the bed for a minute. I was getting the continuous yawn and was not able to avoid it.
I got curious about it. What is this action? Why it’s happening? What is it to do with my health? Is it dangerous?
Some interesting facts about Yawning
- Thinking or reading about oscitation will make you just do it. Not sure for all bit yes for few.
- Yawning occurs as early as 20 weeks after conception. Fetuses as young as 11 weeks old know how to yawn.
- The average yawn lasts 5-6 seconds.
- Yawning is truly contagious and infectious. Several studies show that when a single person in a group begins to yawn, more than half of the assembly will follow right after.
- Yawning is more contagious in best buddies. Studies show that persons related to you (whether genetically or emotionally) are most likely to follow your yawn.
- Yawning is an activity that can help athletes prepare prior to a competition.
- Yawning generally occurs when a person is bored.
- Animal yawn too!😂